Looking for MSU WebMail guide? Find everything you need to know about using this MSU Webmail Here.
What is MSU WebMail?
MSU Webmail is an email service which may be accessed using a standard web browser. (MSU Email) Spartan Mail is the official email client of MSU, available for MSU Faculty, Staff, retirees, and MSU undergraduate & graduate students. All ANR employees are able to use for college and university business.
It offers management of email and calendaring features in a common environment, so units don’t need to support one locally.
What is a MSU NetID?
At MSU, NetID is your identity, assigned to all current faculty, staff, students and retirees. A NetID is a unique alphanumeric identifier auto-generated from the user’s name.
Using NetID you can login to many university computing and networking services. Your NetID also determines your MSU email address which is email@example.com. All incoming Michigan State University students are issued an MSU NetID.
Activate your MSU NetID
APID, PAN – These numbers were provided to you when you were first admitted to MSU.
- Go to MSU NetID activation page at netid.msu.edu/activate.html
- Enter your MSU ID Number (APID, ZPID, SSN, EX-ID, FPID)
- Enter PIN or PAN number
- Enter a password and again enter your password for verification
- To complete activating your MSU NetID, you must agree to the following statements.
1. I agree to adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy for MSU Information Technology Resources.
2. I understand that as a user of the mail.msu.edu system my mail will be scanned by automated software in order to help prevent the spread of computer viruses.
- Then click on Active my MSU NetID Button
Forgot your MSU NetID password?
- Visit their forgot NetID Password webpage.
- Enter MSU ID Number
- Enter PIN/PAN
- Then Enter a New Password.
- Confirm the New Password.
- Then click on Change your MSU NetID password button.
Change MSU NetID Password
- First visit at Reset Password webpage
- Click on Change a Password
- Type your NetID and Password.
- Then click on Login button.
- Enter a New Password.
- Confirm the New Password.
- Click on Change your MSU NetID password button.
MSU Webmail Log in
- First open this webpage.
- Enter your MSU NetID and Password.
- Select Layout
- Then click on the “Sign in” button.
Office 365 Mail Setup
Office 365 iOS Mail Setup
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Select Accounts and Passwords.
- Tap Add Account
- Select Exchange
- Enter your email and Description
- Click on Sign in.
- A Microsoft sign in page will appear. Enter your MSU password and click on Sign In.
- Click on Save. iOS Mail app is now setup for MSU email.
Office 365 Android Mail Setup
- Step 1
Open the Mail app on your android device and click on add a new account.
- Step 2
Select Exchange server
- Step 3
Enter your full email address as the user name and your NetID password.
- Step 4
Click on Next
- Step 5
The auto-discover process should automatically locate the server and move to the Exchange ActiveSync settings window. If this occurs you may skip to step 7.
- Step 6
If the auto-configure process fails to locate the server, you will need to enter the information manually.
Specific settings are provided below:
– Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Server Address: outlook.office365.com
– Domain: None (Leave blank)
– Username: email@example.com
– Password: Your NetID password
– Secure (SSL) Connection: Enabled
- Step 7
- Step 8
Select Finish, or the equivalent provided by your app, to complete the process.
The account will now be ready for use.
Office 365 Windows Outlook setup
- Open Outlook and allow it to do an automatic setup.
- Enter your name and MSU Email and click on next
- Outlook will search for server settings automatically.
- Enter your password and click on OK
- Again Click OK
- Outlook will continue setting up your mailbox. Click Finish when done.
- Restart Outlook if it does not automatically restart.
- Outlook is now setup to use Office 365 mail on the PC.
Office 365 Mac Mail setup
- Open Mac System Preferences.
- Select Internet Accounts.
- Select Exchange.
- Enter your name, email and password.
- Next, select what Exchange features you want to use.
- Tap Done. Mac Mail is now setup.
Office 365 Mac Outlook setup
Setting up Outlook for the first time
- Open Outlook
- Enter your email address, if you are not prompted to add an account go to the “Tools” menu and select “Accounts” and click the + button to add a new account.
- Next, enter your MSU NetID password.
- Click Done. Outlook is now setup.
Michigan State University (MSU) is a public land-grant research university. Today, MSU is one of the largest universities in the United States (in terms of enrollment) and has approximately 634,300 living alumni worldwide.
- Colleges & Programs
- Education Abroad
- Graduate Programs
- Honors College
- Undergraduate Research
- Online Programs
- Academic Calendar
MSU Webmail Content Overview
- What is MSU WebMail?
- What is a MSU NetID?
- Activate your MSU NetID
- Forgot your MSU NetID password?
- Change MSU NetID Password
- MSU Webmail Log in
- Office 365 Mail Setup
- About MSU
- MSU Services
Read Also: Northwestern Webmail
Submit your review